[QGIS-Developer] QGIS server and metadata

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 22:52:01 PDT 2019

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 02:42, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO what is missing here is a bridge between the new metadata API in QGIS core and the "old" QGIS server metadata API.

It was always a deliberate choice to keep these two separate. The
thinking was that the metadata you use for your local projects and
layers isn't necessarily going to match what you want to publish and
advertise to external users. You might have sensitive information in
there, or just "internal only" details which you don't want/need to
publish.

I think all that's missing here is a button to auto-populate server
metadata by copying it from the project or layer metadata. It'd give a
quick way to initial populate the published metadata, which you could
then tweak as needed...

Nyall