[QGIS-Developer] Profile plugins

maualbe at libero.it maualbe at libero.it
Wed Sep 4 12:30:54 PDT 2019

Hi all,

 I'm writing about the status of the qProf plugin.
Its main purpose is to help create geological profiles.
As such, the topographic profile is fundamentally the base to add:
- geological attitudes
- lineaments intersections
- outcrop (polygon) intersections
- topographic traces projections on the profile.
I am not sure whether these tools are really needed in a topographic profile tool.
Currently, I am rewriting the code, in order to allow to create geological profiles directly in a Jupyter notebook (no QGIS libraries use). The GUI will be created afterward and tested in a standalone Python app, and at the end, everything would be inserted in the qgSurf plugin as an additional module.
The qProf plugin per se could be then deprecated and is currently in bug-fix mode.

mauro