[QGIS-Developer] How can I determine whether the QGIS interface is completely initialized?

Sebastian M. Ernst ernst at pleiszenburg.de
Mon Sep 9 03:52:15 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a plugin that depends on the `initializationCompleted` signal
from the `iface` object for initialization. It only works properly if
the QGIS interface is completely initialized.

Problem: My plugin can be loaded after `initializationCompleted` has
been triggered, e.g. if it is installed or activated by a user sometimes
later. The user then has to restart QGIS for the plugin to work. I want
to get rid of the confusing necessity of a restart.

How can I determine whether `initializationCompleted` has been triggered
in the past and/or whether the QGIS interface is completely initialized?

Best regards,
Sebastian