[QGIS-Developer] Self Introduction and College Capstone Project Questions

Kyoungduk Park kyoungdukp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 17:13:48 PDT 2019

Dear QGIS Developers,

Please forgive me if this is not the best way to reach out to y'all, and
please do let me know if so.

I am a current college senior majoring in CS at Tufts University, located
near Boston, USA. For my engineering degree, I need to complete a year-long
senior capstone project. Now, I am a huge fan of free software and maps,
and I have been programming for the past two years on C/C++/Python. I
stumbled upon QGIS upon searching possible projects, and have been thinking
wildly about devoting my last school year to contributing to its
development. I have been fiddling around with QGIS for the past couple of
days, and will take a couple more until I get the basic hang of it.

I currently have a team of a couple of CS students including myself, an
applied math major student, and might possibly have a human factors
engineering student. The only caveat right now is that we need a project
"sponsor" who would simply have to communicate with my team and give
feedbacks/guidance.

We would really appreciate if anyone can suggest a cool year-long
project/idea, while we also would be searching for our own.* More
importantly, is there anyone who can possibly be our project sponsor? *Please
let me know if so. Thank you for your time.

With best regards,
Eric Park