[QGIS-Developer] UI ideas to fix opening of certain OSM files

Stephen Knox stephenknox73 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:02:23 PDT 2019

I've started work on creating a PR for htis, but I am a bit confused by the
number of potential classes I could use and tying the calls together. It
seems like I could use one (or all of) QgsDataProvider::ProviderOptions,
QgsVectorLayer::LayerOptions or QgsDataProvider::ProviderProperty
(with QgsDataProvider::providerProperty
and QgsDataProvider::setProviderProperty. Have they all been added at
different times, or are they meant for different use cases? There doesn't
seem to be a path from the UI all the way through to the GDAL calls so I
presume that no one has done this before? It seems like something that
should be available as an option.

Thanks in advance

Stephen