[QGIS-Developer] Making QgsRasterLayerProperties class independent again from QgisApp instance

Vincent Cloarec vcloarec at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:54:44 PDT 2019

In standalone applications, I am using the QgsRasterLayerProperties class
to manage rasters displayed in the map canvas.

However, since QGis 3.8, this class is no longer independent from the
QgisApp instance because the methode
QgisApp::instance()->askUserForDatumTransform() is called from the
QgsRasterLayerProperties instance.

As in my standalone applications, I don't have QgsApp instance (no need),
now this applications crash when the raster layer properties widget opens

So, after a look at the Qgis code, I am thinking about to make a PR to make
again the QgsRasterLayerProperties independant from the QgisApp instance. I
think it could be possible with a static method in the QgisApp class. I
have to work on it.

But before trying this solution, I would have your opinion if it makes sens
to go in this way.

Thanks.

Vincent Cloarec
www.reos.site