[QGIS-Developer] Geodesic Line Simplification

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 09:13:01 PDT 2019

Are there any geodesic QGIS algorithms that simplify lines? "Simplify" just
uses the projection units of measure. If there isn't I thought I would add
this to the Shape Tools plugin. I could easily implement the
Douglas-Peucker algorithm using geodesic math.

For GPS tracks I also see a need to throw out all points that are less than
a certain distance or less than a certain time interval. I don't see any
simplification algorithms that make use of time. Am I just missing them?

Thanks,

Calvin