[QGIS-Developer] Importing shp into gpkg or PostGIS as SINGLE geometry gives MULTI?

Harrissou delazj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 22:54:09 PDT 2019

Hi
I may be wrong but I think this "issue" has been raised in the past (with Processing? By Matteo?) and from what I understood in the discussion, shapefiles are multi by default, not single (even if the features are of single part, the layer is identified as multi). Reason why they are handled as such.
Hoping that I do not say nonsense and confuse people more than necessary...

Regards,
Harrissou