[QGIS-Developer] EditInPlace Processing script

Arnaud Morvan arnaud.morvan at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 9 04:35:01 PDT 2020

Hello Matteo,

As far as I know, if your algorithm :

     does not change the table structure (geometry type, fields list and
their types)

     is an instance of QgsProcessingFeatureBasedAlgorithm (output one
feature for each input feature)

In brief:

     - If your algorithm output one feature for each input feature:

        => your should inherit from QgsProcessingFeatureBasedAlgorithm.

     - If your outputs features have same geometry type and same fields
with same types:

        => you can put the flag on your algorithm as it can be used for
in place editing.

When in place editing is checked in dialog, output features replace
input features in source instead of being appended to an output.

Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel
Tél: +33 (0)4 58 48 20 32

Camptocamp France SAS