[QGIS-Developer] Deactivating indexing in topological editing?

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:38:28 PDT 2020

Greetings everyone,

I would like to know if there is a way to disable indexing when doing
topological editing. These days I must use a vpn to access our project and
data (some in shapefiles and geopackages), and whenever I try to do
topological edits QGIS tend to freeze during the indexing steps. Sometimes
randomly and in some project it simply never resumes even if the data is in
a small geopackage.

I know that indexing is supposed to be helpful but when QGIS spend 80% of
its time frozen during the indexing step, I'd rather not have it enabled.

Maybe I missed something or maybe I should add a way to disable
QgsPointLocator, or simply not use snapping?

Thanks,

Alex