[QGIS-Developer] Server manual

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Apr 18 04:13:40 PDT 2020

Hi again
sorry for the flood. I also revised other qgis server sections for
consistence, using uniform paths and commands. To me it looks more
usable. Tests and comments welcome. I'm available for further fixes if
noticed.
Cheers.

Il 18/04/20 12:51, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> I have reviewed
> docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/server/getting_started.rst
> I could not test all the combination, so an independent test, better if
> on a fresh machine, will be appreciated.
> Also help on the best way to configure a `qgis-server.service`` and
> ``spawn-fcgi.service`` will be useful.
> Thanks in advance.
> Cheers.
>
> Il 17/04/20 14:59, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> AFAICT, it seems better to incorporate content from the Training Manual
>> into the User Manual, rather than the reverse. In this case, however,
>> the TM section would become useless.
>> I'm waiting for an authoritative response before proceeding.
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Il 17/04/20 14:45, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I noticed that there is anple overlap and duplication between the user
>>> manual:
>>> https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/server/
>>> and the training manual:
>>> https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/training_manual/qgis_server/index.html#training-qgis-server
>>> I think this should be cleaned up, as is confusing: those who are more
>>> familiar with the layout of manuals can please direct me?
>>> Thanks.

Paolo Cavallini - QGIS.ORG Chair
www.faunalia.eu:
training, support, development on QGIS, PostGIS and more