[QGIS-Developer] How to setup Visual Studio 2019 environment for QGIS C++ development?

james at shaeffer.co james at shaeffer.co
Tue Aug 4 15:02:19 PDT 2020

Tomjan,

Here is a tutorial I put together on my blog to compile QGIS from source on Windows, https://www.shaeffer.co/compiling-qgis-on-windows/. It is current and will generate a .sln file to open in Visual Studio 2015.

The work that Jürgen is putting in (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/38102/) will move us "Windows folks" to VS 2019. There is a lot more to the project than just a simple .sln file (this coming from my personal endeavors into compiling QGIS on Windows).

--
James