[QGIS-Developer] 3D view broken in 3.16 /BUG

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at giskraft.se
Mon Dec 7 05:52:30 PST 2020

Hi!
Version 3.16 broke the 3D view capability on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.
I suspect some graphics hardware/driver issue and would like some aid in
troubleshooting.
The machine is an HP ProBook 4530s with built-in graphics that has served
me well since 2011 on all kinds of software. Up to version 3.14 all was
well with the QGIS 3D.
Now the 3D view opens, but the display is off in scale and zoom, and cannot
be rotated. Trying to, I get only sluggish overlapping copies of the
original viewport.
Has there been some significant change in the visualisation libraries, or
anything else that might have an impact on this?
The graphics card driver is labeled Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, dated
2016-05-19, version 9.17.10.4459 and provided by Intel Corporation. I have
not been able to find an update.
Please advise.

*GisKraft*, Geodatakonsult

Mats Elfström, Marsvinsholms stationsväg 80, 271 93 Ystad, Sweden
tel: +46 70 595 39 35 / www.giskraft.se