[QGIS-Developer] [RHEL][QGIS Server] Installation questions and advices

Rizky Maulana Nugraha lana.pcfre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 23:00:56 PST 2020

Hi João,

Podman uses containerd directly and will certainly work as a replacement to run docker containers.

>> is possible to change but have a limitation for know don't have a tool equal to docker-compose (there is a workaround[4,5,6])

If you only run one pod of QGIS Server, you don’t need to use docker-compose, just run podman directly as alias for docker command. If for some reason you need to use docker-compose because you want to deploy several services, I suggest you re-wrote the services as kubernetes manifests. The article you linked shows how to migrate from docker-compose recipe into a kubernetes manifests using kompose, but you still need to validate the resulting YAML by hand. I also use this approach to create helm charts to deploy QGIS Server to kubernetes.

If you intend to run it as production container in RHEL, I think you should also consider making the QGIS Server image as a security-hardened image that can pass CIS benchmark.

Rizky Maulana Nugraha
lana.pcfre at gmail.com
Software Developer