[QGIS-Developer] Please help with the changelog for 3.12

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Feb 5 09:03:18 PST 2020

On 2/5/20 11:33 AM, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 20:29, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> On 4 Feb 2020, at 23:57, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Is it enough to just grab the items labelled ‘Feature’ - we are planning to automatically create entries from the changelog as part of the QGIS funded improvements we are doing
>>

>> In my experience... no. Some of us naughty developers don't always use
>> this tag :(
>>

>> Now about we add a ‘Changelog’ tag that we can just go and add to each PR (either at the time of making it or retrosopectively) and we can just go through the PR queue and scan for those? Other options I guess is to strongly encourage people to use a relevant tag when they submit their PR.
> Definitely. Like you've pointed out, it could be done retrospectively,
> and added also by others.

What are the guidelines for using [feature] in the future? I think it
acted as a combination of [needs docs], [changelog] and [look, this is
cool] in the past. If the first two are about to be solved by more
precise labels, do we keep it for the third one or are there other
compelling reasons?

Matthias