[QGIS-Developer] WMS loaded in qgis desktop, not in server

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 13 05:38:12 PST 2020

On 13/02/2020 14.22, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> It would be good to get the exact request that your server is sending to
> MapServer, to debug this. (maybe using Fiddler, as described in the
> steps I've recorded at
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Get-the-Raw-WMS-Request-Generated-by-QGIS
> )

@Jeff: my I plug this plugin:
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qgisnetworklogger/
to view wfs/wms requests from within QGIS Desktop? You can see all
requests en response info, AND replay in browser or curl

@Paolo: the error you see is when Minnesota mapserver is not receiving
the full url (including the &map=mymapfile. So looks to me like QGIS
server is handling the server-url different then QGIS desktop.
I would try to connect to a local mapserver and log the apache requests
there?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde