[QGIS-Developer] QGIS-Server telling me 'SSL handshake failed' on Windows

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 20 05:11:59 PST 2020

Hi,

Trying to setup QGIS-Server here on a fresh Windows server.
Machine is (now) behind a web proxy.

Created a project with an external WMST, which succesfully is to be
viewed in QGIS Desktop.

Then running as SERVER I see:

"Download of capabilities failed: SSL handshake failed"

It would be very helpfull if we could log WHICH handshake is failing, as
from that I could see which proxy is actually used.
I use '0' as 'QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE'.

I googled around and tried to import all kind of certificates, and or
point to them in QGIS3.ini etc
But I cannot get this project to work.

I am afraid that the proxy is using some self-signed certificate, and
for that reason imported it in the local windows store.

BUT.. is QGIS/Qt actually using that store?
Or does it have it's own certificate store?

Thanks for any pointer.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS: I only understand half of what I talk about above :-) ... so do not
take me too seriously