[QGIS-Developer] QGIS died on signal -1/11

VR Freak NL mishaopstal2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:33:00 PST 2020

Best QGIS Developers,

I seem to have some kind of trouble using QGIS...
The script for QGIS is done and works fine, the problem is that after a
little while of using the program on the Chromebook it stops working, at
first it works great, its fast, responsive and all plugins that we need are
working correctly. but then after a random amount of uses QGIS Desktop
won't start anymore (i don't know why this is happening and it's completely
random when and where the problem starts (sometimes it does this directly
after installing it and sometimes after 8-10 uses but when it begins with
the error it won't start no matter what you do))

When using the shortcut it infinitely loads until chrome os reaches the
time limit of loading.
When using the terminal i get a whole bunch of stuff but it really comes
down to this:

1. When using:*sudo flatpak run org.qgis.qgis* it quits with error message:
QGIS died on signal -1
2. When i try to use another platform plugin (like "minimal") it doesn't
give much except for the error message: QGIS died on signal 11

I am installing QGIS 3.6 using these commands:
*sudo flatpak -y install org.qgis.qgis*
*sudo flatpak update
--commit=f3e180bb9ddc0cc9fc304e899b7c71405d10db81a8200f3d34dfb6288fec15b9
org.qgis.qgis*

Here is the output when running *sudo flatpak run org.qgis.qgis*

Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc,
wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

And then exited with the message: *QGIS died on signal -1*

When i use another platform plugin (such as minimal) it gives no output
except for the message QGIS died on signal 11 (but that only happens on
some platform plugins, most of them just give the -1 exit)

The original issue i created was on here:
https://github.com/flathub/org.qgis.qgis/issues/44

Could somebody help me figure out how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Misha Opstal