[QGIS-Developer] Environmental policy

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Jan 16 03:52:42 PST 2020

Hi

I am glad we have so many bunny huggers in our community. The weird thing about in-person meetings is how it dedicates and focusses people’s time and attention which I could never replicate as a remote participant in these kind of event. Maybe my donkey needs feeding or my wife wants me to stop ignoring her if I am sitting at home staring at the screen. If I am there in person, suddenly the donkey gets fed by someone else and my wife seems to not mind that I am ignoring her for a few days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5KgUXSD1QX5om7TSA <https://photos.app.goo.gl/5KgUXSD1QX5om7TSA> <- donkey looking pleased I am not at a hack fest

Something more efficient would be to condense our twice yearly get togethers into once a year, longer meeting. We would in a single swoop half the environmental travel cost from our project and maybe still benefit from that oh-so-important face to face time.

And combining it with the user conference would mean that we can have a two tribes event, with a nice mingling of users and contributors.

I am so glad we are discussing this…

Regards

Tim

—