[QGIS-Developer] What to do with WMS Server Search

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 15:12:42 PST 2020

+1 to remove Server Search (and thanks to Sourcepole for supporting it
for so long) and point to MetaSearch's default CSW list.  If we want a
dedicated CSW, perhaps we can consider the geopole.org CSW server as
a default endpoint in MetaSearch of sorts.  Or stand up a QGIS community
CSW like https://csw.qgis.org dedicated to QGIS itself.

Note that with the evolving OGC API efforts MetaSearch will be upgraded
to support the next generation OGC API - Records (read new CSW), and
will be able to leverage both current and future OGC APIs.

Having said this, a key issue is maintenance and freshness of content
(harvesting, scraping resources, etc.).

..Tom