[QGIS-Developer] Estimate metadata when loading a vector layer

VOLPES-EXT, Jacky Jacky.VOLPES-EXT at canal-de-provence.com
Fri Jan 24 01:20:20 PST 2020

Hi,

After many hours searching the web, I didn't find any solution, so I come to the dev community.

I have an issue when loading a big layer with PostGIS :

-          On QGIS 2.14 it was very fast (~100 ms) using the flag "useEstimatedMetadata" set to True

-          On QGIS 3.4 it is very slow (~1min) using the flag "checkPrimaryKeyUnicity" set to False

o   st_extent(geom) is run to load the layer and takes about 1 min (I wish st_estimated_extent was used)

Any idea please ?
Thanks a lot,

BR

Jacky Volpes
Développeur QGIS
HR-Team pour la Société du Canal de Provence
Direction des Systèmes d'Information

Tél. 04 42 66 70 34
Le Tholonet - CS 70064 - 13182 Aix-en-Provence CEDEX 5
[cid:image001.png at 01D34C22.F8A861A0]