[QGIS-Developer] Prefered way of creating custom parameters and widgets in Processing

Radoslaw Guzinski radosuav at op.pl
Fri Jan 24 06:57:07 PST 2020

Hi,

I am porting a Processing algorithm provider plugin from QGIS 2.x to 3.10.
The provider requires some custom parameters and parameter widgets and I am
a bit lost in trying to figure out how to create and register them. I found
some PRs (e.g. https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7761) and QEPs (e.g.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/65) but that just
adds to my confusion because it looks like the discussions and ideas were
evolving quite quickly from having the definitions in ParametersPanel to
Python WidgetWrapper class to C++ wrappers, factories and registries. Also
it looks like there are now two ways of creating the wrappers
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/gui/wrappers.py#L1773-L1797).

Is there an existing algorithm provider which uses the preferred method of
creating custom parameters and their widgets? Or a Python code example or
documentation that I could use as a starting point?
Thanks!
Rado

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html