[QGIS-Developer] QGIS symbology: jumping point and line pattern fills

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 9 02:17:10 PDT 2020

Hi,

Working recently extensively with point and line pattern fills, I
noticed that with each pan, the point and line pattern fills in QGIS
kind of "jump" around relatively to their geometry, as if the offset of
the pattern was kind of "random".

You can see it in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ytwM59_jY

Is there any setting so I can avoid this behavior? Or could a QGIS dev
with experience in symbology help fix this issue? I would assume if
someone creates tiles from this, they would also run into issues at tile
borders, because of this.

Thanks if you have any ideas.

Andreas