[QGIS-Developer] db manager SQL console very slow

José de Paula Rodrigues espinafre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:32:20 PDT 2020

Perhaps you have some schemas with many (thousands) tables? I've seen
this slowness when connecting to a database in which one of the
schemas had 40000+ tables, and another database with a partitioned
table with 7000+ partitions. I've also seen the slowness on the object
browser, when first connecting to the database; after QGIS gets its
information, which may take minutes, everything works normally.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 6:02 AM i-s-o <46.i.s.o.64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had run into a similar issue. In my case, adding "LIMIT 500000" to my query fixed the speed issue (I had fewer than 500k rows). Looked like a bug in my opinion, but I didn't have time to investigate further (I think it was a gpkg).
>
> i-s-o
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2020, 10:29 Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone noticed how slow the DB Manager SQL console is?
>>
>> It is not just a matter of slowness when returning (on screen) a lot
>> of results, it is very slow even when issuing a query like:
>>
>> SELECT count(*) FROM mytable;
>>
>> I did a few quick tests and compared to other consoles (i.e. pgadmin,
>> dbeaver, psql) and it is about 15/20 times slower.
>>
>> Any idea about the possible cause?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> -- G --

... et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos.