[QGIS-Developer] Old(ish) plugins not using QgsNetworkAccessManager crashing regularly

Nils Nolde nilsnolde at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:25:09 PDT 2020

Hi,

just wanted to know if anyone experiences problems with QMS maps (and
other plugins using deprecated network access managers, e.g. the new
MapTiler plugin)?

Whenever I zoom in/out too fast (with mouse wheel) with e.g. CartoDB's
Positron map or MapTiler's Basic map, QGIS gets stuck in the rendering
loop and I have to force quit eventually. I skipped a few QGIS versions
from 3.4 to 3.12 and <= 3.4 I never experienced anything like that.

If it's indeed an issue with network access methods, I wonder if there
should be a broader notification to all plugin maintainers using
deprecated ways to make network requests.

Cheers
Nils