[QGIS-Developer] qt and antialiasing - line pattern fills

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jul 17 02:28:07 PDT 2020

Hi,

In our efforts to improve cartographic quality, I'd also like to
discuss, if we could somehow improve the quality of the line-pattern
fills, and/or the antialiasing quality of the qt renderer.

A very small change in angle can change the quality of a line-pattern
fill in QGIS pretty or very ugly.

Also: even if all buildings in the following rendering have the same
distance between lines, some look much "denser" than others.

Have a look at the attached file where I labeled some line fills as ugly
and pretty.

Is there something that QGIS could do to improve the "prettyness" of
line pattern fills, or would this have to change in the qt library?

Thanks if you have any thoughts on this topic,

Andreas