[QGIS-Developer] qwt

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jun 8 07:51:03 PDT 2020

On 6/8/20 10:06 AM, Christophe Gusthiot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I developped a plugin for the city of Lausanne on QGIS 2.18, and used
> qwt5 to implement an elevation graph, which works quite well.
>
> Now that a want to migrate my plugin to QGIS3, and knowing that qwt5 is
> linked to PyQt4, I'm not able to find which module to use in my Python
> code, or even to know if qwt (6 or else) is still available in QGIS3. In
> OSGEO4W setup installation, it still seems to be available, but I don't
> know how to call it in my code.

Hi I've never used qwt5 together with QGIS, and after a quick google it
looks like the combi qwt/qgis3/python3 is pretty rare (or invisible to
me, but please prove me wrong :-) ).

Other options you could use (I can think of):
- have a look at the "Data Plotly" plugin in QGIS which has a ton of
options, and with which can create beautiful graphs
- instead of qwt5 (which has some dependency issues?) you could maybe
use 'pyqtgraph'? But only if you want simple graphs, I pulled it in one
of my private plugins.

If others know if it is possible to use qwt5 or 6 in pyqgis, please let
us know

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde