[QGIS-Developer] [SoC] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Week 2 Report

BELGACEM NEDJIMA gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Tue Jun 16 14:30:46 PDT 2020

Hi all,
Here is my first week of the coding period report:

   - Tasks done this week:
      - Got the separation between walls and roof working as you can in
      this screenshot <https://imgur.com/OdlrvDo>.
      - Got the textures rotation working (Very useful for roofs texture to
      be aligned properly).
      - Finishing the implementation of directional lights (PR link : Github
      PR <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/37016>).
      - Refactoring the code in vector layer texturing PR according to
      suggestions (PR link : Github PR
      <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/36981>).
      - Fixing some bugs with the vector layer texturing implementation.
      - Tasks to be done:
   - Finish the implementation of vector layer texture support.
      - Document the feature implemented more and enhance the UI.
      - Get my pull requests approved.
      - Discuss next features implementation (mainly exporting scenes)
   - Blocking issues:
   I had some trouble organizing my time due to some school project this
   week but everything is going well I think.

You can find the report here as well:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Improving_qgis_3d
Best wishes,

--
Belgacem Nedjima
4th year computer science and engineering student.