[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server Developer Meeting - Thursday 2 July 2020 - 14:00-16:00 (UTC+2)

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 01:00:14 PDT 2020

Hi,

As a follow up of the recent discussion about QGIS Server market
share we have organized a kick start meeting to discuss QGIS Server Development.

Thursday 2 July 2020 - 14:00-16:00  (UTC+2) on
https://meet.jit.si/qgis-server-developer-meeting-2020

(but be ready to jump on Zoom kindly offered by Jorge Gustavo Rocha if
we have any connection issue)

The meeting scope is to define where we want to go with the server, in
other words define
our long term strategy and goals for server development.

A single meeting won't probably be enough, so (also depending on how
many people will join the works) we could split topics and create
smaller workgroups if needed, then collect the findings in future
meetings.

IMO this is a list of the main topics that we should address:

1. define the QGIS server project goals: what kind of product we want
to develop (we might well decide that what we currently have is all we
need)
2. discuss the "market share" and the "competitors" and what QGIS Server lacks

I started a shared online doc with a proposal for the agenda, feel
free to edit but please let's stay focused on the big picture for the
time being, we can discuss implementation details later:
https://annuel2.framapad.org/p/qgis-server-meeting-2020-agenda-9he7?lang=en

Kind regards.

PS: many thanks to Paul Blottiere for helping with setting this up!

--
Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net