[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Doc Travis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 09:06:25 PDT 2020

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 4:45 PM Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> On 3/15/20 4:08 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > We will probably change master branch soon so it will get build in the
> > same way...
>
> Done:
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/
>
> Please have a look and fix things.
> I've barely looked at old build versions, just copied build machinery
> from qgisdoc2020 branch. So if something was kicked into eternity,
> please resurrect if from git...

Hi Richard,

looks great!

> We still need to sort out how to build automaticaly: travis, github
> actions, whatever. Please feel free to kick in!

I might have missed something, but if I'm not wrong Travis already
build the docs during the testing process (but in a single language?).

What you are talking about is continuous deployment (CD) right?

You could probably do with both Travis and github workflows, you just
need to make sure that the CD only happens on each commit to master.

In order to be able to push the build to the deployment server you'll
probably need a deployment SSH key stored as a secret on Travis (or GH
workflow) that allow the Travis (or GH workflow) process to transfer
the built files to the production server.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it