[QGIS-Developer] [Processing][Question] Using Data defined proprieties

João Gaspar joao.f.r.gaspar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:20:10 PDT 2020

Hi Devs,
I have a question about using data defined proprieties in algorithms. For
instance,
if I want to do a Buffer using a field with a distance column I can use the
data defined proprieties and choose the field with distance.

But when I want to use more than 1 layer and switch to batch processing
where I want to define the field with distance of each layer I can't use
this option.

I try to use the name of the field in the option Add Values by Expression
and Calculate by Expression but the batch processing always assumes a
default value (10).

In the case of SAGA and buffer algorithm, when you switch for batch
processing is possible to choose the field of distance per layer.

What am I'm doing wrong? Or This is expected behaviour?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards.