[QGIS-Developer] QGIS "fast" mode

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:41:06 PDT 2020

Hi all

Thanks for raising this issue and for your proposal of patch. I agree with
you that in many cases, completely trusting the project for columns, srid,
and all other things needed by Qgis would improve performances a lot in
project loading, and for Qgis server getcapabilities requests.

I do not use often the trust option for two reasons

# only few requests are avoided as you pointed out so the performance
improves "only" a bit
# sometimes you have some layers with changing data, and there is actually
no way to trust only a subset of layers inside the project

Do you think it would be interesting to have the trust option per layer and
not only per project?

Regards
Michael