[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.12 -- please stick to stable proj 6 releases!

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:56:26 PDT 2020

Hi Nyall and Jürgen,

I'm seeing that qgis-ltr-dev (3.10.3-14) installed from OSGeo4W is now
compiled against GDAL 3.1.0dev and PROJ 7.1.0:

QGIS version

3.10.3-A Coruña

QGIS code revision

d398423393 <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/d398423393>

Compiled against Qt

5.11.2

Running against Qt

5.11.2

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

3.1.0dev

Running against GDAL/OGR

3.1.0dev

Compiled against GEOS

3.8.1-CAPI-1.13.3

Running against GEOS

3.8.1-CAPI-1.13.3

Compiled against SQLite

3.29.0

Running against SQLite

3.29.0

PostgreSQL Client Version

11.5

SpatiaLite Version

4.3.0

QWT Version

6.1.3

QScintilla2 Version

2.10.8

Compiled against PROJ

7.1.0

Running against PROJ

Rel. 7.1.0, August 1st, 2020

OS Version

Windows 10 (10.0)

This copy of QGIS writes debugging output.

qgis-ltr (3.10.3-1) is compiled against GDAL 3.0.4 and GDAL 6.3.1:

QGIS version

3.10.3-A Coruña

QGIS code revision

0e1f846438 <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/0e1f846438>

Compiled against Qt

5.11.2

Running against Qt

5.11.2

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

3.0.4

Running against GDAL/OGR

3.0.4

Compiled against GEOS

3.8.0-CAPI-1.13.1

Running against GEOS

3.8.1-CAPI-1.13.3

Compiled against SQLite

3.29.0

Running against SQLite

3.29.0

PostgreSQL Client Version

11.5

SpatiaLite Version

4.3.0

QWT Version

6.1.3

QScintilla2 Version

2.10.8

Compiled against PROJ

6.3.1

Running against PROJ

Rel. 6.3.1, February 10th, 2020

OS Version

Windows 10 (10.0)

Is this the pretended behaviour? It's because there is another change in
GDAL/PROJ in an ongoing LTR release, and I'm afraid that it can lead to
similar problems occurred in QGIS 3.4 with GDAL/PROJ.

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio

Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> escreveu no dia terça, 18/02/2020
à(s) 23:03: