[QGIS-Developer] Testing QGIS Plugin

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 03:48:00 PDT 2020

What I found on the internet involves creating a dummy interface, which is
great if you want to do Continuous Integration and such, but this wasn't
the way I wanted to test. I wanted to be able to see what was happening
right there in the live GUI.

It took a while before I discovered that there is a mini editor in the
Python console. Now I'm launching my test code from there and this works
great. QTest allows me to press buttons or enter values and unit testing
allows me to verify it's all as expected.

I can show you in about half an hour, if you're available, or later.

Jo