[QGIS-Developer] "GetMap" URL from WMS layers

Jakob Miksch info at jakobmiksch.eu
Tue Mar 31 07:37:26 PDT 2020

Dear list,

I want to extract the "GetMap" URL from WMS layers. For most of the WMS
layers I can extract it from "layer.source()". However this does not
work for WMS layers where "GetMap" and "GetCapabilities" is different.
Like for this layer:
https://www.geoportal.rlp.de/mapbender/php/wms.php?inspire=1&layer_id=69694&withChilds=1&INSPIRE=1&

The only place where I can find the "GetMap" URL is inside the
"layer.htmlMetadata()" document. From there the URL can be extracted
using REGEX. But every localization of QGIS (e.g. German, French ...)
have different terms for the surrounding "GetMap" HTML element. This
makes this approach quite tricky.

Is there any more elegant solution how to retrieve the "GetMap" URL from
WMS layers?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,
Jakob

--