[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Georeferencer improvements

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:37:43 PDT 2020

I'm +1 for B as well !

Two window makes it much easier to mix things up. And with live preview, B
will get really intuitive (unless working with very heavy non-linear
deformations, but then it's a mess anyways).

About initial placement, if we have live preview, maybe the image could
just "float" (filling the canvas, not affected by zoom or pan) until
there's a point pair to pin it. That would make it clear that the raster
isn't georeferenced yet, work well with the "add more GCP = get more
precision" feeling, and most importantly avoid annoying high factor zoom
in/out if the initial position/scale didn't match the desired position.

Looking forward for this improvement very much :-)

Cheers,

Olivier