[QGIS-Developer] QGIS for Windows: please don't remove OpenCL.DLL after installation

Luca Manganelli luca.manganelli at comune.trento.it
Wed May 6 02:57:00 PDT 2020

Hello,

In my organization we have machines with obsolete OpenCL.DLL in their
\windows\system32 (they have 1.x version, while QGIS needs at least 2.x).

The solution is to restore the OpenCL.dll into %OSGEO_ROOT%\bin from the
QIGS standalone installation package, that is removed by the setup
installer after checking the existence of C:\windows\system32\opencl.dll.

The problem is that with that obsolete version QGIS refuses to start with
this error:

Unable to find the entry point. clCreateCommandQueueWithProperties from
OpenCL.dll library

--
Luca Manganelli
Assistente informatico

--

Comune di Trento

via Belenzani, 19 - 38122 Trento | C.F e P. IVA:
00355870221

tel. +39 0461.884111 | www.comune.trento.it
<http://www.comune.trento.it>