[QGIS-Developer] Isochrones ORS Tools

Miguel Ángel Vecina García mivegar2 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:32:14 PDT 2020

To whom It may concerns,

Hello, I'm having my End of Degree Project at the Politechnical University
of Valencia and I wanted to solve some doubts about the Isochrones that are
in ORS Tools. I want to calculate the isochrones for ambulances in Valencia
so I need to know the next questions:

1. When are the isochrones calculated by ORS Tools, what does it take into
account? The road traffic? The maximum speed (limit speed) on the road?
What things?

2. Depending on the time you calculate the isochrones, will it give you a
different result, or is it not in real time?

3. I've seen that exists one tool on qgis called iso4app that calculates
the isochrones too, but it calculates them in another way. What's the
difference within this two tools? What's better for my case (ambulances)?

My QGIS version is 3.10.5.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Miguel Ángel