[QGIS-Developer] Any interested funders for enhancing HTML labels for 3.14?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:00:10 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Thanks to some funding from geoProRegio AG (www.geoproregio.ch), I've
recently had the opportunity to add support to QGIS labeling for
formatting label contents using HTML color, underline, strikethrough
and overline tags. See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/36283 for
some pretty demo pictures of this in action!)

Partly, this work was intended to be a research project to determine
what further changes would be required to support a greater subset of
HTML tags (e.g. bold, italic, font size and family, super/subscript).
(These particular tags were initially selected because they do not
modify the shape or size of characters, which simplifies the text
layout calculations greatly!)

I'm now wondering if any organisation is interested in funding some of
these additional formatting tags, such as bold and italic. If you're
interested (and would like to see these supported in 3.14), please get
in contact with me ASAP. Feature freeze hits this week, so we'd need
to move quickly...

Cheers,
Nyall