[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server now install a full DE?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue May 19 02:40:06 PDT 2020

On 5/19/20 11:03 AM, Uros Preloznik wrote:
> Thanks for pointing it out, but I think we should install server as we did
> all the time. No need to look into ubuntu for this.

If you want to install qgis-server as you did all the time, then you
need to get Ubuntu to revert their libnotify change.

That is the cause for the gnome packages now being in the dependency chain.

Note that every package which depends on libqt5webkit5 has that same
dependency chain, this includes most binary packages built from the qgis
source package.

> We should look at
> dependencies and why some core stuff needs some optional things like Nylan
> pointed out. I can see problem might be connected to point where server got
> dependency to python3-qgis and then all the rest came in.
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/bf31ce1d8cf2e24e3d2ef499a15afa44f9eb5780#diff-3a8967c9c7449446ddcdc76faa20bfaf
>
> I think main question is does QGIS Server needs dependency to python?
That is a separate issue to the gnome packages being installed when
installing qgis-server.

How are you going to make qgis-server work without the libraries that
depend on libqt5webkit5?

Kind Regards,

Bas

--