[QGIS-Developer] Ugly dialogue on a fresh install

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 19 07:25:57 PDT 2020

Hi,

For testing purposes I installed the current LTR version 3.10 on a
fresh, snapshotted virtual windows, to make sure it is a virgin virtual
machine.

On the first run I came across this strange dialogue

I guess most of long-time QGIS users will never see this dialogue
because they usually don't install on a fresh machine ... but let's say,
this dialogue doesn't look too good to me:

- The link to the visual changelog is wrong. It points to version 3.4
and not version 3.10

- it really looks ugly, with lot's of empty space and a non-aligned QGIS
logo with the title

- Do we really need this dialogue now that we have the news feed section

Or maybe that dialogue was already removed in versions 3.12 or 3.14?

Greetings,

Andreas