[QGIS-Developer] Linux users: wanna flatpak?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu May 28 04:27:19 PDT 2020

On 28.05.20 12:48, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> I do not know how to fix this, but I would create an issue at the
> flatpak repo:
>
> https://github.com/flathub/org.qgis.qgis/issues
>
> They are rather responsive.
> In here:
> https://github.com/flathub/org.qgis.qgis/issues/28#issuecomment-587224383
> It looks like you can run python (so pip?) command within your flatpak
> environment (which is different then your default qgis profile envirnoment).
>
> If you find out, please report back so we can update the flatpak
> instructions on the download page.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Hi Richard,

actually, I do not intend to fumble myself deeper in this stuff, but
have the hope that some more enlightened people could give some more
detailed instructions how to proceed the before-mentioned workaround.
So, maybe 5 sentences on the matter might be better than only the one
given so far.

Cheers,

Bernd