[QGIS-Developer] Profiler?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:26:07 PDT 2020

On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 01:39, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> On 5/23/20 12:41 AM, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> > It will, it's just that the Windows nightly builds are too old to have
> > it. It looks identical to your screenshot.
> >
> > On that note, 12 seconds is a long time for the plugin load I see in
> > your screenshot. Can you expand that out and see if it narrows down
> > the culprit?
>
> Ok, I've updated to QGIS nightly now on those machines.
> Note it's VM's with network disks and virusscanners... (and QGIS itself
> is on the networkdrive...)
>
> This is an image of the plugin loading times:
>
> http://duif.net/loadingtimes.png

Could you expand out those two slow plugins? (processing and lat long tools).

My suspicion is that you'll find that the lat long tools plugin is
importing some processing modules and causing them to be initialised
prior to the main processing plugin starting (which is perfectly fine,
there's no issue with doing that). I expect that if you expanded out
lat long tools you'll see that it's caught up in the processing module
imports.

But I'm keen to see the expanded view to see where the hotspots still
are and where we need to add more granular logging. (Should probably
think about adding an "export to json" option here!!)

Nyall