[QGIS-Developer] WFS-T, postgis and triggers

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 01:57:16 PDT 2020

Hi,
+1 with Denis, this is a quite common scenario, but the caching issue,
combined with the good old WFS-T implementation spatialite provider issues
looked like a big challenge.

I think the future transactional version of WFS3 - OGC APIF should speed up
and simplify a lot the protocol part. On my side, I was just waiting fo it
to happen to raise the topic again.

Concerning the client side caching, I'm not up to date with the potential
spatialite provider enhancement.

Having a reliable and efficient way to edit WFS-T would be really nice. But
as Alessandro points out, our application with a lot of database
intelligence will trigger a lot of data refresh in any case and we will
have then some lags.

Best
Régis