[QGIS-Developer] oracle provider (testing)

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 00:10:59 PST 2020

Hi Richard,

the only option that worked for me was to install a VirtualBox VM from
Oracle Big Data Lite.
I also installed a sample dataset called "cola"

It was a long time ago and I can't exactly remember the steps, but
IIRC it was an official Oracle image that was released for testing
purposes.

For CI I think we use a docker from oslandia but I couldn't make it
work on my machine at the time:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/.ci/travis/linux/docker-compose.travis.yml#L15

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 8:41 AM Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Is anybody feeling self responsible (more or less) for the Oracle driver?
>
> Myself I apparently introduce an issue in it: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/39759 which seems easy to fix, but my problem is I do not have Oracle running....
>
> Are there any Oracle provider tests? And if so: which instance against are these tested against?
>
> Idea: use a QGIS server to install Oracle XE (dev/free edition isn't it?) and provide ssh access to the machine. Then users with a ssh key (Travis?) can create a ssh tunnel to the machine and connect to that (test) db?
> Thought to propose issues.qgis.org for that, as that is a beefy machine doing nothing (except keeping old issues/Redmine afloat). But.. that is a Debian 8.10, not sure if recent Oracle's can still run on it...
>
> Input?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Alessandro Pasotti