[QGIS-Developer] Browser: deleteLayer deprecated ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Nov 9 06:12:58 PST 2020

Hi Devs,

I'm trying to hack my way into the Oracle provider [0].

One of the things that was broken, was to drag and drop and drop a file in the browser onto the Oracle node (in the browser).
That is working now with me (a little better), BUT trying to delete that table I get crashes.

Then I saw:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/providers/oracle/qgsoracledataitems.h#L110-L128
which has a message: "deleteLayer deprecated"

Could this be the cause of my crashes? There is something going wrong with the setting of the item-flags.

I'm looking into the Postgres provider, and that one is NOT crashing.
I do see that postgres has a QgsPostgresDataItemGuiProvider, which is not available in the oracle family...

Anybody any pointers? Do we have to create/add a QgsOracleDataItemGuiProvider?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/39846