[QGIS-Developer] "Refresh" is 'refresh data' for Postgis and only 'repaint' for OGR?

nagyrobi_r at yahoo.com nagyrobi_r at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 08:23:00 PST 2020

Hei!
I've mentioned this as well a few weeks ago, when attempting to refresh layers from json url, that it does not actually do anything.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 4:49 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:   Hi Devs,

Anybody has knowledge about the difference between the menu item:
"Refresh (F5)"
And the
"Refresh layer at interval (seconds)" in the Layer Properties dialog?

Because with me the F5 mostly works,
while the autorefresh in the layer props works for postgres, but not for other (ogr?) layers.

I tried to find differences between those two providers, but I only seen links to rendering, not about reloading (provider) data.

Any hints appareciated.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde