[QGIS-Developer] Zonal Statistics as batch process on QGIS 3.16

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:21:27 PST 2020

Hi all,

I'm seeing that Zonal Statistics had changed the way how it works between
QGIS 3.10 and 3.16, but I can't find any documentation about it.

Zonal Statistics on QGIS 3.10 saved the metrics calculated in new fields of
the vector layer containing zones. So, running the algorithm as batch
process, I was able to calculate some statistics for hundreds of raster
layers, all in the same vector layer containing zones.

Now on QGIS 3.16, the default is to Zonal Statistics generate a new vector
layer. Of course it's possible to create hundreds of vector layers and just
consider the last one, but this seems a drawback in the way how Zonal
Statistics used to work.

I thought "Append to Layer" option could be the workaround, but I can't
understand well this option:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog314/index.html#feature-allow-appending-processing-results-to-existing-layers

Anyone know a way to overcome this?

Thank you very much.