[QGIS-Developer] sudden performance issues with my QGIS installation

Dimitris Kar dkarakostis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 03:07:39 PST 2020

Hello all,

I am facing some performance issues lately with QGIS. I have been using
QGIS3.14 since the last six months (Windows 10) without any problems. It
was always very fast in any type of analysis. Suddenly it stopped
responding. Sometimes it lags for a minute or more while performing simply
tasks (load layer, save layer as geojson etc.).
I have tried to uninstall, delete the registry and the plugins and
reinstall it but the issues perform. I have tried the newer version (3.16)
and the older one (3.10) but I still get the same performance issues. I
have also trired to run it with a new profile and without any plugins. When
running it with no plugins it launches faster but then I get the same lag
issues when loading layers or running simply analysis (buffer)

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I was wondering if some
other software that I have installed recently could have created an issue.

Thanks
Dimitris