[QGIS-Developer] Problem with installation of qgis-server LTR on Ubuntu 20.04

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 22 01:38:47 PDT 2020

Am 22.10.2020 um 10:33 schrieb RĂ©gis Haubourg:
> I think you need to add the following options to avoid this giant
> package pull.
>
> apt-get install --no-install-recommends --no-install-suggest

While this might be a working solution, this might produce problems with
dependencies needed by tools. Those won't get installed and might be
missing later.

Perhaps it's better to split the packages into "headless" and "GUI",
like the packagers of LibreOffice and others are doing it?

Debian based distributions are known to pull and bundle more than
expected and mess with the system. That's one of the reasons, containers
become popular more and more: all in one.